We have our 20 week ultrasound on July 30th. If all goes according to plan and Baby Gard cooperates, we should know if the baby is a boy or a girl on that day. I have my suspicions that Baby Gard is a girl only because I keep accidentally referring to the baby as a "her", can only pick out girl names, and am instantly drawn to anything pink!
Michael on the other hand hopes for and keeps insisting Baby Gard is a boy, yet he too is having a hard time with picking boy names. I really don't care just so long as Baby Gard is healthy and happy. However, that doesn't mean I'm not still curious! So we've decided to do a couple of "prediction tests".
According to the Chinese Gender Prediction Chart we're having a boy. There's some funky Chinese age calculations you have to do to get the numbers for the chart but the link above will do them for you.
We're also going to do the following "prediction test" tonight:
Take a pin, needle, or wedding ring and attach it to a thread or strand of hair. Hold the dangling item over mom to be's belly while she is lying down. If the needle or wedding ring swings in a strong circular motion, you will be having a girl. If it moves in a to and fro motion like a pendulum, you will be having a boy. An alternate version of this baby gender prediction method is to dangle the needle or wedding ring over the expectant mom's wrist instead of belly.
We'll let you know the results tomorrow. Of course this is all in fun and we'll only rely on the ultrasound for proof (though I hear those can be wrong too!)
Boy or girl, we are excited for our Christmas baby to get here!


1 comment:
I am thinkin PINK! But I will love whatever we get. I am so excited
Post a Comment