Friday, July 30, 2010

We're having a Girl!

We are excited to announce that we are having a baby girl!  We had our ultrasound today and were told that she is absolutely perfect!  Perfectly formed, perfect length & weight, and overall just perfect!  Michael seems a bit nervous about raising a girl.  I just think he knows he doesn't stand a chance.  He will be wrapped around her little finger from day 1.  I should have trusted my instinct on this one.  I knew it was a girl.  I could only look at (& occasionally buy) pink stuff, could only pick out girl names, and kept referring to Baby Gard as "she" or "her".

The ultrasound was eventful too.  I made sure to eat something sugary before I went to wake her up and make her move.  She was waving, kicking and just moving all over the place.  It took about an hour and the tech did a great job of talking about each thing she was looking for, i.e. heart construction, cranial formation, etc.

We think we have picked a name: Kennedy Margarette Gard.  Margarette (meaning Pearl in Greek) is my Mema's name and we just really liked Kennedy :-)

Again, we are so excited to have Kennedy here!  Let the shopping commence!


Perfect profile

No doubt she's a girl!

She was practicing her beauty queen wave.

Perfect little face

The right foot that has been kicking me!

1 comment:

Heidi Joncas said...

Your mothers intuition was right. Congrats! Girls are so fun. You get to buy all the cute stuff :)